Features & Benefits
Resolving precise details with 700 μm spatial resolution
- Finest (1.12mm×1.12mm) lutetium oxyorthosilicate (LSO) crystal needles provide precise signal localization preserving spatial information in raw data
- Tera-Tomo™ 3D PET iterative reconstruction with real-time Monte Carlo based physical modelling unveiling the tiniest details on the image
- Large ring diameter and statistical depth of interaction compensation offers homogeneous image quality over the entire field of view
Uncompromised applications with very low level of radioactivity
- Thick LSO crystals for excellent sensitivity
- Short (3 ns) coincidence time window necessary for improved signal to noise ratio
- Advanced corrections (random, scatter, LSO background etc.) ensuring quantification at low activity levels
- Best Minimal Detectable Activity on the market: 60 Bq (1.6 nCi)
- Dedicated feature of the iterative Tera-Tomo™ 3D PET reconstruction engine ensures precise quantification at very low levels of activity
- Analytic reconstruction option (FBP) with attenuation and scatter correction available for quantitative reconstruction of low activities close to regions with significantly higher activity
- Inherently optimized for longitudinal studies e.g. long-term cell tracking.
Coping with count rate: mastering studies with high dose
- Multichannel read-out electronics with ultra-fast data processing and advanced dead-time correction
- Exceptional count rate performance – peak Noise Equivalent Count Rate (NECR) for mouse is up to 1300 kcps @ 80 MBq (2.16 mCi)
- Accurate and reproducible uptake values ensured by very high level of quantification accuracy up to 80 MBq (2.16 mCi) and beyond, with quantification error of ±2%
- Suitable for dynamic imaging of large animals or for dynamic scanning of up to four mice or two rats simultaneously
- Optimal for imaging of isotopes with short half-life (11C, 13N, 15O, etc.)
Largest transaxial field of view
- Wide bore diameter up to 16 cm allowing free access to the animals
- Large transaxial field of view up to 12 cm
- Excellent homogeneity over the entire field of view
- Suitable for various animal models from tiny mouse (25 g) to large rabbits (6.5 kg)
- Simultaneous multiple animal imaging (up to 4 mice or 2 rats) with individual physiological monitoring
Excellent image quality and quantitation accuracy with the Tera-Tomo™ image reconstruction
Our proprietary iterative reconstruction engine, used in both clinical and preclinical systems ensures quantitative results with excellent resolution for all PET isotopes.
- The Tera-Tomo™ 3D PET reconstruction engine along with the most advanced detector calibration algorithms ensure a very high level of quantification accuracy through the entire dynamic range of the system. The quantification error of +/- 2% results in accurate and reproducible uptake values
- 3D iterative reconstruction applying deep Monte Carlo based physical modelling of particle-level interaction from positron emission to detection
- Advanced corrections for energy, time, dead-time and random events and positron range
- CT or MR based attenuation and scatter correction
- Automated workflow with 4D multiparametric PET reconstruction for fast kinetic analysis of dynamic acquisitions
High power CT with large field-of-view and high resolution
- Up to 80 W X-ray power together with the largest field of views (12 cm transaxial and 45 cm helical scan range) enables high performance scanning of even large or multiple animals
- Very high throughput: fast scanning with real-time image reconstruction combined with multiple animal imaging capability
- Variable magnification (up to x7.6) for high-resolution imaging even with 10 μm isotropic voxel size
- Iterative image reconstruction for low-noise and low-dose imaging
- Ultra-low-dose protocol for follow-up studies with less than 1 mGy whole-body dose to the animal for reliable longitudinal studies, e.g. following tumour growth or therapy response
- Imaging with cardiac and respiratory gating for reducing motion artifacts and for analysis of cardiac and pulmonary function.
In Vivo Cell tracking with 89Zr
Last time point of a long-term follow-up study for cell tracking. Images were taken 17 days post-injection.
- Animal: 3x 20g mouse
30kBq (0.8μCi) 89Zr labelled cells
- Acquisition: static PET
Short half-life isotope imaging with 11C in mouse
High count rate tolerance allows quantitative dynamic imaging of multiple animals even with short half-life radiotracers.
- Animal: 2x 20g mice
5.15 MBq (139 μCi) and 5.28 MBq (142 μCi) 11C – choline per mouse
- Acquisition: dynamic PET
Simultaneous dynamic multiple animal imaging
Simultaneous dynamic scan of 4 mice. Temperature control and physiological monitoring of all animals ensure quantitative readout of metabolic activity of organs.
- Animal: 4x 20g mice
- Radiotracer: 3.7 MBq (100 μCi) 18F-FDG
- Acquisition: dynamic PET
Cardiac gated imaging
Excellent cardiac gated image quality for functional analysis of the heart.
- Animal: 18g mouse
- Radiotracer: 13.3 MBq (360 μCi) 18F-FDG
- Acquisition: ECG-gated PET, 8 frames
- Acquisition time: 90 min
How can we help you?
Don't hesitate to contact us for technical information or to find out more about our products and services.Get in touch